Friday 18 November 2022

Week 12 | 14 - 18 November | Observation Day

This week was a little nerve-wrecking. Besides teaching as usual on Monday and Tuesday, I had my observation with my lecturer on Thursday. 


Monday - 14th November



appendix for my lesson


For this lesson, I taught them straight away from the textbook. After that, I visualized some worksheets on the whiteboard so pupils could answer by writing their answers on the whiteboard.


Tuesday - 15th November

On Tuesday, I asked my pupils to do presentation regarding a topic I had taught them. After dividing them into groups of 6, each representative from the groups had to choose random descriptions. Based on the descriptions, pupils had to draw their own avatar and describe them in a paragraph.







pupils busy trying to figure out how their avatars would look like


After they were done with their presentation, there was a period left. Therefore, I proceeded by teaching them object pronouns.



Thursday - 17th November


It's observation day! 



preparation for the observation











some flashcards used for the pre-lesson


After doing some recaps for object pronouns, I proceeded the lesson by teaching past simple for affirmative and negative.

an appendix for the lesson


After making sure pupils had understood the lesson, I distributed the worksheet to everyone.



the worksheet given to pupils




The observation went well and we rewarded ourselves by buying Starbucks!





SWOT ANALYSIS OF WEEK 12

STRENGTH

  • Pupils were able to recap the lesson they learned in previous class. I was also able to deliver my lesson smoothly and pupils could answer the worksheets easily.

WEAKNESS

  • One problem I discovered this week was from the drawing worksheet. Pupils began to lose their focus when some of their friends were asked to go to in front of the class and present their drawing.

OBSERVATION

  • From my observation, I need to avoid drawing worksheets as this may cause pupils to start lose focus because they want to see their friends' drawing.

THREAT

  • As a teacher, one of the most crucial aspects is planning. To create a better classroom climate, I must carefully design my lesson plan. Whatever may occur in class, I am prepared to manage it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment